Responsible for working within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to support a fleet of robots. Primary responder to recover failed robot drive units and blocked pathways. Performs advanced maintenance on drive units, pods and stations. First responder to all robotic floor related break downs and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responds to robotic system break downs.
Completes both basic and advanced preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures.
Basic troubleshooting of robotic drive units and software.
Logs detailed maintenance data.
Maintains and repairs distribution center mobile racking.
Metal and wood fabrications, including welding.
Assists, repairs, and maintains material handling equipment.
Tracks and stores the department's inventory, including spare parts.
Supports continuous improvement in department and DC.
Enters e-mail communication and date entry for database.
Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work and assign tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Technical school certificate or AA in Electrical/Electronics. 5-7 years experience in Automated systems and controls required. Electrical knowledge of basics components.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
2. Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
3. Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
4. Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
1. Electrical and electronic principles
2. Preventative maintenance procedures
3. Knowledge of PLC programs
4. PC competency, Word & Excel, Kindle Platforms and Windows OS
1. Desire to learn about and work with conveyor systems and client specific robots
2. Good mechanical and technical aptitude
3. Curious nature with a desire to learn, repair and troubleshoot material handling equipment (MHE)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level,
Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times,
Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
Internal Number: 19033617
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.